In 2008, CDSC embarked on a series of joint investor campaigns with the Capital Markets Authority and the Nairobi Securities Exchange in a bid to ensure that the population seized the multiple investment opportunities. With the growth in investor numbers, CDSC introduced an SMS service which gives investors 24 hour access to their CDS accounts enabling them to keep track of their shares on their mobile phone anywhere and at any time.
SMS service access
One can access the SMS service by sending an SMS with the word Register to 22372 and following the instructions thereof to complete the registration.
The SMS service allows you to access your CDS account and keep track of your shares on your mobile phone anywhere and at any time. By registering to the service, you will always be aware of your current shares portfolio and of any transactions in your account.
- Secure access to your CDS account from anywhere and at anytime.
- Receive updates on announcements made by listed companies
- Easy and simple registration from your mobile phone.
- Instant alerts on any activity in your CDS account.
- Receive instant alerts on your mobile phone whenever a transaction occurs in your account (e.g. Purchase, sale, shares transfer, deposit, pledges etc)
- Check your shares portfolio balance anytime.
- Receive a mini-statement from your CDS account, showing your last few transactions.
Each SMS costs Kshs. 10, and the service is currently available on Safaricom and Airtel networks.