Safaricom has partnered with Capital Markets participants to allow customers to use their Bonga points to purchase shares on the NSE through the Lipa Hisa na Bonga Points Loyalty Program.
To buy shares using your Bonga points, follow the steps below;
1. Dial *126# (Or use mySafaricom App, under Balances, Lipa na Bonga)
2. Go to Lipa Na Bonga Sub-menu on your phone
3. Select Playbill Option
4. Key in your Stockbroker’s Playbill Number
5. Enter your CDS account number or ID number/ Passport number used to register the CDS account.
6. Enter the amount in KES you want to deposit to your account number. (Customers will redeem their points at a rate of KES 1 for every 5 points. For example KES 2,000 will require 10,000 Bonga Points).
7. To complete the process contact your stockbroker and place orders to buy shares of your favourite company listed on NSE.
Below are the paybills of the activated Central Depository Agents (stockbrokers/custodian banks). This list will be updated as more CDAs get activated.
|CENTRAL DEPOSITORY AGENT||PAYBILL NO|
|FAIDA INVESTMENT BANK||888900|
|OLD MUTUAL SECURITIES||814355|
|FRANCIS DRUMMOND & COMPANY||366900|
|DYER AND BLAIR INVESTMENTS||905200|